Welcome to the MLDUK website. Its main purpose is to promote public awareness of Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD) from the point of view of both the patient & potential practitioners.
Within the site you will find information on MLDUK as an organisation and what it strives to achieve; what techniques are used by Manual Lymphatic Drainage Practitioners; a national and international register of MLDUK - accredited therapists as well as details of courses for those of you who might be interested in becoming therapists.
Our Charitable arm Lymfund, through the efforts of our members and patients (and their relatives) taking part in running, cycling and dancing, raise money, continue to help other patients in need of treatment, to access funds for MLD therapy from our qualified practitioners. Find out more on the Lymfund page.
Patron: Peter S. Mortimer MD, FRCP, Professor of Dermatological Medicine
We have prepared a series of mini-guides which provide information on how MLD can help to:
- Cosmetic Surgery – speed up recovery
- Accelerate the healing process following cosmetic surgery.
- Detox - a different way to detox
- Improve the ability of the body’s lymphatic system to cleanse from the inside out.
- Breast Cancer
- Alleviate swelling which may occur as a result of breast cancer treatment.
- Pregnancy - swollen ankles
- Stimulate and increase the rate of removal of waste products, toxins and excess fluid from the body’s tissues, for example during pregnancy.