Welcome to the MLDUK website. Its main purpose is to promote public awareness of Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD) from the point of view of both the patient & potential practitioners.
Within the site you will find information on MLDUK as an organisation and what it strives to achieve; what techniques are used by Manual Lymphatic Drainage Practitioners; a national and international register of MLDUK - accredited therapists as well as details of courses for those of you who might be interested in becoming therapists.
On the Links page, you will find brief information of - and links to - organisations which provide support to lymphoedema sufferers &/or treatment.
We have prepared a series of mini-guides which provide information on how MLD can help to:
- Cosmetic Surgery – speed up recovery
- Accelerate the healing process following cosmetic surgery.
- Detox - a different way to detox
- Improve the ability of the body’s lymphatic system to cleanse from the inside out.
- Breast Cancer
- Alleviate swelling which may occur as a result of breast cancer treatment.
- Pregnancy - swollen ankles
- Stimulate and increase the rate of removal of waste products, toxins and excess fluid from the body’s tissues, for example during pregnancy.